Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Recently learned... and NOT learned...

I tried to teach myself to knit. After about 4 hours, I had this...



... which was looking worse and getting wider with every line. I decided to hold off and wait to actually find someone who can teach me to knit properly.



I also glued some pom-pom trim onto an old bookshelf, which I think looks pretty snazzy.



After Matt's birthday party, he got a cold, so I made him my fail-safe cold busting soup. Guess what the secret ingredient is...




And then last weekend, I made a pie.

I called it Fail Pie. It was actually strawberry rhubarb with a lattice top, but as you can see...



... it was also Fail Pie. Here is a picture of Fail Pie sitting on the windowsill to cool.



However, as you can see, the fact that I put WAY too much filling inside the pie causing it too ooze out like it was trying to escape (due to my refusal to listen to the recommended filling amount) had absolutely no bearing on how it tasted (i.e. delicious).




What did we learn, Dana? If you overload your fruit pie, much of that excess filling will run out, drip onto the bottom of your oven, and burn.

Ahhh, learning.

No comments: