Monday, August 4, 2008

Writing it down so that maybe it will happen

This is more of a reminder to myself than anything. Maybe a bit of a declaration of intent so that, you know, I already said I was going to do it so I better at least give it a shot.

I'm going to attempt to make clothes.
Yeah.
Gettin crafty.

There's this awesome mint green Hello Kitty sewing machine, a bit smaller than a standard sewing machine, nicely portable, good to store and fucking adorable. It also got really good performance reviews, so this only justifies my desire to purchase a mint green sewing machine with a cartoon cat emblazoned on its casing.

Plus, I've been finding all these sweet websites on how to make things, providing patterns for cute clothes and such. I've been thinking about the sewing machine aspect of this for a while merely for use during DK Sweatshop work. I think that trying to make my own clothes would be bad-ass and empowering and thrifty and artistic and, quite possibly, a total train wreck which ends in me only using the sewing machine to make pirate sashes and genie belts. Even still, not a total loss.

I'm going to make clothes.
It's not going to be Project Runway up in my apartment...
(More like Project Run Away! Hey-Oh!)
... but I think I'll give it a shot.

No comments: