Friday, December 3, 2010

I am Dana's flagrant lack of regiment.

For serious, guys.

I am very much a creature of habit, but only in kind of a territorial way. I like to sit in the same places and have things that are "mine," I'm good in long-term relationships... but that's about it. When it comes to my day-to-day activities, I SUCK at doing the same thing every day at any given time. Can't consistently get up to exercise. If I do, I can't do the same exercises more than a couple days a week. Don't like to eat the same thing too many days in a row. God help me if I'm required to take prescription medication at a set time every day.

(Sidenote: This is hilarious to me because my boyfriend basically eats the exact same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. This baffles me.)

I'm going to set myself a goal.
A teeny tiny goal.

Some Yahoo dietitian (by which I mean she had an article posted on Yahoo, not that she herself is a yahoo) posted some 3-day detox thing, which I saw and said, "Yeah, I can do that!" Only 3 days. Smoothie in the morning. Big ol' salad with nuts and beans in the afternoon. Fish and veggies at night. Shit yeah, I can do that.

But like... CAN I?

In theory, I totally can. But I'm wondering if I can be organized enough to ACTUALLY do this for a few days. I'm wondering if I can find a way to NOT succumb to my whims; my general eating patterns usually go something like, "Oh, food!" -> eat, work, think about other things... "Oh, food!", etc. Now, this "Oh, food!" thing could happen as infrequently as a few times a day or as often as every half-hour. I am terrible about non-meal eating. There are days I don't even really have meals. For the most part, I eat whatever is leftover in the fridge when I'm at work, since there's almost always SOMETHING at my office. As of 10:45 this morning, I've eaten 2 servings of fruit crumble and 3 breadsticks.

This cannot stand.
I'm gonna break the cycle.
You know... for about 3 days, 2 of which are definitely not at work (possibly 3, as I may be on jury duty Monday), not to mention there will be very little at-home time. (That's partly good -- no lazy snacking -- and partly bad -- the urge to grab a bite at a random restaurant is very strong.)

Let's see if this goes as well as my plans to blog about my high school reunion -- maybe I'll do that once I'm on my winter break...

No comments: