Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm intimidated by winos.

Not those kind of winos.

The fancy kind.
Like in Sideways.

While wasting time at work, I stumbled upon a comic that reminded me of this dream I had last night. I was at some kind of friggin wine tasting with a bunch of snooty types. Some upscale-boho looking broad (who looks, now that I think about it, a lot like Charlotte Gainsbourgh) starts offering me cheeses, which of course I like, and then she's all, "That goes so well with this wine here blah blah", to which I say, "Awesome" because wine's right up there with cheese.

Then she starts in on, "This Loigdfsigfdkmkf offering is from the Mngkliuykxz region. Do you know where that is?"

Slightly-buzzed Dream Dana mumbles, through a mouthful of cheese, "Erm... no."

CG's snooty wine-enthusiast doppelganger then fruitlessly tries to prod me into coming up with the answer. "Its from the Kuhloduy by the Ljhlfsduyojmjg Mountain range... in Australia... do you know what state?... New South Wales...?"

"Ohhh. Okay."

The dialogue wasn't important, but it continued with her describing the wines and asking me what I tasted and me feeling very uncomfortable and making shit up.

Despite all this, I still really want to head home and have some friggin wine and cheese.



Thanks for reminding me about my lame dream, Toothpaste For Dinner.

No comments: