Monday, August 24, 2009

Things I've made and done and done made.

I feel the need to redeem myself by posting photos of actual things I've done lately. And so, at long last, the pictures from my ice cream making adventure.







(Just in case you're wondering what the crap is going on, I'm making the custard base.)















I was far too excited by the time I got to the "freezing the ice cream and adding the strawberries" part to photograph anything else. But this is what it looked like.





And a couple of weeks ago, I painted a dresser that I got from Adam that he had gotten from someone else. It had been sitting in a closet for a couple years, so I thought it could use some spiffing up. So spiff I did.



It's somewhere on the continuum between "Little Girl's Dream Dresser" and "Liberace's House of Spangled Blouses".



And then for the cast party, I made a shortbread recipe from a Nigella Lawson cookbook, which of course, I couldn't help but tweak. It came out good, but it wasn't a sure-thing in the "during" process. However, the results were, to quote a fellow cast-member, orgasmic.



I sent a bunch of it with Matt to Bob and Melissa's. Partly because I think they might enjoy it, partly because I don't need to eat that much chocolate-covered, caramel-layered, peanut-filled shortbread.

Hopefully, there are more good things to come...

1 comment:

Kiwi Pennies said...

you have a blog! Any you actually maintain it. I do neither. But I do have ice cream maker-- seems easier.