Monday, August 24, 2009

Would you believe...

... that spending most of your day sitting in front of a computer, writing, makes one want to do so MARKEDLY less in your free time? WHO KNEW!

*sigh*

Anyhow, "As You Like It" has closed. We had a fun run, it was a good time with some truly excellent people that I'm lucky to know and will hopefully work with again soon.

The new HG book is in the works... and that's all I can say about that. But we're working on it furiously and simultaneously trying not to let the daily emails suffer. Good times. Good, busy times.

PLUS, I just got cast in California Shakespeare Company's production of "Much Ado About Nothing" (one of my all time favorite plays) in the role of Hero. Last time I did this show, I was Dogberry, the bumbling fool. This time, I'm the pure-as-the-driven-snow damsel character. At least I'm not being typecast.

And finally, I'm making a little resolution to myself (which I'm sure I've resolved to do many times before) to stop worrying so much about everything preemptively, to quit picking on myself for stupid little things, to quit blaming myself for everything, to stop always assuming the worst, to stop stressing about what others think about me (or rather, what I think that others MIGHT be thinking about me). Because 95% of the stuff I find myself obsessing over is stuff that I a) can't do anything about or b) have made up and is all in my head.

Mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead!

No comments: