Friday, April 22, 2011

Prelude to a Pie

So last weekend, I attended my friend Adam's birthday celebration, which was tons of fun as expected. I also saw lots of people I haven't hung out with in a while, including a frequent cooking buddy of mine, Ileana.


(That's Ileana & I on her birthday. EXTREME MYSPACE ANGLE!)

I might also include here that, since Matt was driving, I was drinking a bit more heavily than I would on a normal evening.

Now, I do recall having food discussions with Ileana and that we said we needed to hang out and have another cooking night -- something I'm not sure we had done since that time Matt sliced his hand open and had to get stitches immediately after dinner -- but I didn't recall setting an actual date. Luckily, she did and emailed me about it the next day.

It seemed we had planned to make a savory pie.

Which I am SO down with.

She mentioned mushrooms, so... I guess that's what we had discussed including. Having a few recipes bouncing around my collection, I cobbled together something that I think will taste spectacular.

Updates to come likely on Sunday.
YAY, PIE!

No comments: