Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'd also like a pack mule!!!

I have a tendency to collect quotes. I just came across a computer file with a bunch I had cut and pasted, and I came across this one:

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless. You gotta hope even more and cover your ears and go 'blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!'"

Futurama was so awesome.

I also came across an email that I sent out... I think it was my sophomore year of college. Yeah, because I wrote it while working the front desk at Jewett Hall. Anyhow, this was my April Fools joke that year:

My dear friends and colleagues-
I have been doing a lot of thinking and soul-searching lately, trying to figure out who I am and what I'm doing in my life. Ive been kind of out of it lately and I apologize. I think I have found the solution.
All this time, I've been trying to be someone I'm not. I've been trying to be a serious academic, and it's making me crazy. I've been under a lot of stress lately and school is the reason for it. It has always been my belief that if something is making you miserable, there is no point in doing it. Therefore, I have decided to drop out of college.
At this point, you're probably thinking, "What are you doing? You can't just quit school? What will you do?" I have a plan. Sort of. I'm moving to New York to become one of the city's many out-of-work actors/waiters. Sure, I may not achieve fame and glory. Sure, I'll probably be broke for the rest of my life. But who cares? This is what will make me happy. This is what I need.
I don't expect you to understand. However, I would appreciate your support, as this is not an easy choice to make. This is something I need to do. After all this time of putting myself through hell, trying to achieve a dream I never wanted in the first place, this comes as a huge relief to my psyche.
Thank you for understanding.
-Dana


Ha. Ha. Ha.
Irony!

No comments: